Health & Social Care Level 3
(Children and young People)
Develop the skills to care and support young people
Supporting you throughout your qualification
one 2 one support
Our assessors and teaching staff will provide you with all the support needed throughout your qualification
Expert teaching staff
Our dedicated and fully qualified teaching staff are industry experts, and have a vast wealth of knowledge and experience in the care sector
This apprenticeship is a nationally recognized qualification and has been developed in partnership with carers and care homes
please contact us to find out about full or partial finding of this qualification
The level 3 qualification is based around the learner’s capability within the care setting and focuses on the care and support of young people. This qualification will enrich your knowledge and practical skills via the completion of a number of core mandatory units and learner chosen, optional units.
This qualification is designed for learners currently employed in settings such as residential or domiciliary child care, residential family-centred care, or foster care settings.
The qualification will cover the following areas:
- Understand and apply in practice the principals and values which underpin health and social care
- Understand and apply in practice, child centred approaches
- Promote and support effective practice within health and social care
- Key policies within the sector and undertstand how these affect service development and delivery
- Work in partnership with children, their families/carers and a range of professionals to develop a range pf problem solving techniques
- Reflecting on own practice to continuously improve
- Literacy and numeracy
What Could This Qualification Lead To?
Once complete, the level 3 health care qualification will enable the individual to work full time as a health care worker. It can also lead to the completion of the following qualifications:
- Increased work benefits
- Greater confidence and competence at work
- Enhanced practical theoretical knowledge
- Extensive hands-on experience within the health care sector
- Enhanced understanding of the processes and techniques used to care and support young people
- Health & Social Care Level 5 – Advanced Practice
Health and social care apprenticeships are fully funded by the Welsh Assembly Government. Please contact us today to see if you are eligible.